STEMM Disability Advisory Committee
Providing support across science, technology, engineering, mathematics,
for disabled workers, current and aspiring disabled students and their teachers.
- Institute of Physics A guide to disability good practice for university physics departments
- University of Wolverhampton Guide to good practice for staff teaching deaf students in science and engineeering deaf/hearing impairments
- ADSHE The Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education with good practice and resources
Information and support
Laboratory and fieldwork
- Brain HE A website for students and staff in higher education hosted by the London School of Economics' Neurodiversity Team to disseminate information about the Disability Equality Research Network (DERN)
- University of Southampton HE STEM A collection of resources which demonstrate ways to help support visually impaired and blind students on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) courses.
- HEA UK Physical Sciences Centre Produces a number of publications and resources to support physical sciences students and staff
- HESTEM South West Region A range of resources targeted at both staff and students and focused on facilitating improvements to both 'access to HE' issues and HE STEM curricula for the benefit of students with disabilities'
- Supporting STEM students with dyslexia Contains good practice examples and case studies to help those teaching STEM subjects to make simple adjustments to their practice, benefitting all students and not just those with dyslexia
- NAPD Works to improve the professional development and status of disability service staff in the post-14 education sector through peer support, education, communication and leadership
- Royal Holloway STEM Disability Transition Group Aims to facilitate greater numbers of young people with disabilities developing STEM skills and working in STEM industries
- BSL Science Signs The online BSL/English glossary for science education
- SCIPS A resource, primarily for teachers and trainers offering strategies for promoting inclusive teaching, learning and assessment within programmes of study taught at degree and foundation level
- Do-It Centre Promotes the success of individuals with disabilities in postsecondary education and careers, using technology as an empowering tool.
Information and support